The perfect pasta dish for all of the seafood lovers out there! Our Johnson & Wales culinary interns, Stephen Rogers and Hailey Dallas, came up with this savory, cheesy delight. Plus, it has our favorite flavor, coconut!
- 1 lb spaghetti pasta
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 2 tbs Coconut Cloud Original coconut milk creamer
- 4 oz water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti until about al dente (following package instructions).
- For the sauce, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add garlic, shallots, salt and chili flakes. Cook until garlic and shallots are soft but the garlic is not browned.
- Add the wine and bring the heat up to medium high. Cook until the wine is reduced by half, this will be about 3 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Once the pasta is almost done, about 1 minute left, return the sauce to the heat. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water and then drain the pasta.
- Combine the 4 oz. warm water with the Coconut Cloud Creamer and stir until dissolved.
- Add the pasta, crab, reserved pasta water and coconut creamer mixture to the sauce. Simmer and stir gently for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, basil and parsley. Season with pepper and cheese as desired.