Thai Curry Clam Chowder
Find some comfort with our Thai Curry Clam Chowder! Our Coconut Cloud Original gives the broth a thick coconut taste while the curry packs a perfect punch. We know you're mouth is watering, so give it a try!
by Stephen Rogers and Hailey Dallas
- 1 potato (russet variety, or 2 small red potatoes will work)
- 2 oz finely chopped bacon
- ½ TBS fennel (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (sliced thin)
- 1 TBS green curry paste
- ¼ cup white wine
- 3 TBS Coconut Cloud Coconut Milk Creamer- Original
- 6.5 ounces warm water
- 1/8 cup fresh lime juice
- 12 little neck clams
- 1 ½ cups chopped clams and the juices they are packed in
- Peel and dice the potato, then boil in salt water until fork tender, about 5-9 minutes.
- Cook the bacon in a large sauce pan over medium heat until it just starts getting crispy. Add the fennel, garlic, and green curry paste until ingredients have turned slightly translucent.
- Pour in the wine and simmer until it reduces by about half. Combine the Coconut Cloud creamer and warm water and add your coconut milk mixture and lime juice to the pot and return to a simmer.
- Follow up by adding the potato, chopped clams and juice.
- *Optional – at this step, if you want a creamier thicker soup, place the liquid in a blender and pulse to blend, or blend with a hand held stick blender.
- Add in the whole little neck clams. Cover and cook until the little necks have opened, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Throw away any clams that did not open.
- Season the chowder to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!