Candied Cinnamon Almonds (Vegan)
We all know that almonds have tons of health benefits, such as promoting weight loss and lowering cholesterol levels, but did you know that there's an even better way to eat them beside the some simple salt? Our Candied Cinnamon Almonds are vegan with a sweet hint of coconut and vanilla. Can you say YUM?
- 1 1/2 cup almonds
- 3 TBSP Madhava Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp Coconut Karma coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On another baking sheet, spread almonds and bake for 7-10 minutes, stirring half way when the almonds should smell toasty. The almonds are done when you smell a nutty aroma.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and salt. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine maple syrup, water, oil, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Bring maple syrup mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium and add almonds.
- Cook until almost half of the liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently. This will take 2-3 minutes. Remove saucepan from the heat and transfer the nuts to the bowl with sugar and toss until well coated.
- Pour almonds evenly onto the parchment lined baking sheet and cool completely. The nuts will be soft at first but once cooled, the almonds and their yummy coating will be crunchy. Time to start snacking!