Creamy Coconut Breakfast Quinoa (Vegan)
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Meal Type: Breakfast
- Main Ingredient: Quinoa, Coconut
- Dietary Need: Vegan, Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 cup, cooked
- Prep/Cook Time: 15 mins.
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk (4 tbs Coconut Cloud Original coconut milk creamer + 8 oz. hot water)
- ½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- Maple syrup
- Fresh fruit (garnish)
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to rolling boil. Stir in quinoa. Reduce to simmer, cover, and cook until quinoa is tender and almost fully hydrated, about 10 minutes.
- While quinoa cooks, combine 4 TBS culinary coconut milk powder with almond extract, cinnamon, and 8 oz. hot water. Set aside.
- When quinoa is done, add coconut milk mixture to saucepan, bring back to boil, stir in oats. Reduce to simmer, cover, cook for additional 5 minutes until oats and quinoa are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into bowl; drizzle with maple syrup. Garnish with fresh fruit and serve!