- 1 TBS Olive oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, diced (about 2.5 cups)
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup sweet corn (fresh or frozen)
- 4 TBS Coconut Cloud Original
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
To make the coconut milk:
- In a small bowl, whisk 4 TBS Coconut Cloud Original powdered coconut milk creamer into 8 oz. hot water. Stir until fully dissolved, set aside.
To make the Chowder:
- In a large pot, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add celery and onion. Saute’ until onions are translucent. Add garlic, and saute’ for 30 more seconds.
- Then add stock, sweet potato, and seasonings. Stir gently to cover all. Turn heat up to high, and bring stock to a boil.
- Reduce heat, bring mixture to simmer. Add poblano pepper. Allow to simmer until sweet potatoes are fork tender. Remove bay leaf. Add coconut milk mixture and the sweet corn and stir gently. Heat until corn is warmed through.
- If you prefer thicker chowders: Before you add the coconut milk and corn, take 2 cups of the chowder and puree in food processor. Then add back to pot and stir into remainder of chowder. Continue with steps as directed.