Coco Loco Striped Popsicles (Vegan)
Looking for a tasty way to cool off this summer? Try making these simple, striped popsicles! These are Cinco de Mayo themed with Lime, Coconut, and Strawberry layers. If you're not feeling festive, use Coconut Cloud to make them all Coco Loco! Alternatively, use your favorite fruits to create your own unique layers!
- Lime Stripe - Juice of 5 limes and 2-3 tsp of sugar to taste
- Coconut Stripe - 4 TBSP Coconut Cloud Creamer mixed with one cup hot water. Let cool.
- Strawberry Stripe - 10 large strawberries
- To make the lime layer, blend lime juice with sugar until dissolved. Add enough water to make one cup. Taste to ensure right sweet and sour combo!
- Pour lime mixture 1/3 of the way into each of 10 popsicle molds. Freeze the molds until the layer is almost frozen. Remove and place a stick into mixture to anchor the lime layer. Return mold to freezer and freeze solid.
- For the coconut layer, whisk together coconut milk and sugar until smooth. Pour the coconut mixture into each popsicle mold, filling it another 1/3 of the way. Put back into freezer until completely solid - about 2 hours.
- For the last layer, blend strawberries in a blender until puréed. Add small amount of water to make 1 1/3 cups.
- Top off each of the molds with the final layer and return to freezer until completely frozen.
- When ready to eat, dip molds into warm water to loosen. Now all your have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy!
This recipe is from @theviewfromgreatisland