Vanilla Coconut Rice Pudding (Vegan)
Our Coconut Cloud Coconut Milk creamers are the perfect addition to thicken up a dairy-free dish. Raisins, slivered almonds, and Coconut Cloud Vanilla make for the perfect creamy and crunchy bite in this rice pudding recipe!
Recipe by Stephen Rogers and Hailey Dallas
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain or basmati rice (left over take-out rice works great for this!)
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 TBS Coconut Cloud coconut milk creamer – Vanilla flavor
- 2 TBS sugar
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Shredded coconut (sweetened or un-sweetened) for garnish *optional
- Combine Warm water and Coconut Cloud Vanilla creamer.
- In a large non-stick saute pan over medium heat, combine the cooked rice and half the coconut milk and heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat to a simmer until the mixture begins to thicken, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Increase to medium heat and add remaining coconut milk, sugar, and cardamom and cook until mixture begins to thicken again, about 8 minutes.
- Once thickened, pull from heat and optionally mix in the raisins and almonds.
- Either pour into serving dishes or a larger bowl, with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature and garnish with more almonds, raisins, and coconut if desired.