Veggie Loaded Vegan Pasta Primavera
With a cold week on the way, nothing sounds better than a bowl of something warm and hearty. And what better way to get in some grains and veggies than disguising brown rice from the kids (and ourselves!) in noodle form? Two wins in our book! So, here is our take on a vegan primavera pasta. We listed our favorite vegetables below, but this pasta can really be a "veggie dump" of whatever you have in your fridge! It's so simple, tasty and easily can last all week - enjoy!
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 orange bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halfed
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- ½ bunch of asparagus, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 TBS Coconut Cloud Original
- 8 oz hot water
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBS onion powder
- 2 TBS all-purpose flour
- 1 package brown rice pasta
- 2 TBS vegan butter
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- Nutritional yeast to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add Coconut Cloud Original to hot water and combine until dissolved. Set aside.
- Melt the vegan butter in a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onions and bell peppers and cook until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add the asparagus and zucchini and cook for another 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the flour and onion powder to cover vegetables, about 1 minute. Add the vegetable stock, Coconut Cloud Original mixture and stir until thick, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cooked pasta into the sauce and stir until combined.
- Portion the pasta into food containers, let cool, and store in the fridge, or serve hot in a large bowl. Garnish with nutritional yeast and enjoy!